Great entertainment thrills and inspires, and opens opportunities, like Jobs Netflix. It sparks laughter, tears, gasps and sighs, stirring our emotions and nourishing our spirit. Ever since humans learned to speak, storytelling has been essential to our happiness.
At Jobs Netflix, we aspire to entertain the world—creating great stories from anywhere and offering greater choice and control for people everywhere. To help us succeed, we’ve created an unusual employee culture. This document is about that culture, and how we can continuously improve as a team so that we can better serve our members.
The thing we most value is working with talented people in highly creative and productive ways. Jobs Netflix, that’s why our core philosophy is people over process, and why we try to bring great people together as a dream team. Of course, any growing business requires some process and structure. But with our people-first approach, we can be more flexible, creative and successful in everything we do.
At Jobs Netflix, positive and constructive feedback is part of everyday life—not only an annual event. Meaningful feedback can be hard to give or accept. But like any new habit, it gets easier with practice. So we help people learn to give and receive feedback through coaching and modeling the behaviors we want to see across the company. It takes courage and selflessness to ask someone what you could be doing better, or to ask yourself what feedback you have yet to share with a colleague.
Both rely on trust and positive intent, which is why we invest time in developing strong professional relationships at jobs Netflix. We know this level of candor can be especially challenging for new hires, people in parts of the world or cultures where direct feedback is uncommon, and if there’s a power imbalance. But at jobs Netflix it is an important part of getting stronger, as individuals and as a company, because it’s what fuels our dream team.
Jobs Netflix – Marketing and public relations position in Portugal & Spain
- Director, Marketing Partnerships, Spain & Portugal
- PR Specialist – Spain & Portugal
Director, Marketing Partnerships, Spain & Portugal – Jobs Netflix
It’s an exciting time to join Netflix as we continue to transform entertainment globally. We are bringing new stories to millions of people worldwide by promoting our original, exclusive content. As we move beyond 230 million members and hundreds of partnerships worldwide, we are looking for a talented individual to drive better commercial and creative outcomes for our local and global partnerships in Spain and Portugal.
The Director Marketing Partnerships Spain will be based in Madrid, run a team of 2 individuals and be part of the Spain Marketing team. We are looking for a talented marketing professional who enjoys commercial management, and innovation, understands content, and is able to activate the full life cycle of marketing, from awareness campaigns to sales-driven activation.
The Role – Jobs Netflix
As the leader of all aspects related to marketing partnerships in Spain and Portugal, the successful candidate will provide a critical link between business development, content and consumer/trade/ad sales marketing to achieve business goals in the region. To do so the successful candidate will live in Madrid and travel regularly to visit partners and internal stakeholders. The candidate will report directly to the head of marketing of Spain with a dotted line to the regional head of partner marketing (currently based in Amsterdam) and in close collaboration with the head of ad sales in EMEA (currently based in London).
Duties & Responsibilities – Jobs Netflix:
- Own the marketing and sales relationship with our partners across Spain and Portugal (i.e.: Movistar+, Orange, Más Móvil, NOS…) including creating opportunities with their C-Level.
- Nurture strategic partnerships to generate incremental subscriptions for Netflix by taking ownership of the day-to-day sales/marketing relationship and push the boundaries of innovation to evolve each of the partnerships.
- Build and develop yearly sales and marketing plans as part of the broader x-functional partnership strategy with our top partners across the region to bring the commercial opportunity to life.
- Work with local brands to secure, develop and execute co-promotional brand partnerships that increase awareness and drive global viewership for our biggest local titles.
- Support medium term initiatives that build out our capability to support B2B advertising sales efforts
- Work closely cross-functionally – especially with the marketing, communication and content teams as well as Partnerships functional hub in Amsterdam.
- Collaborate with the partner marketing creative team in London to create campaigns speaking to consumers in unique and unexpected ways and elevate the Netflix brand.
- Define corrective actions to improve effectiveness and result by tracking performance with our analytical teams.
- Manage a team of 2 individuals.
Qualifications – The successful candidate – Jobs Netflix:
- First and foremost, they will thrive in our culture.
- Entrepreneurial mindset – very consumer-oriented, outspoken.
- Senior experience of 15+ years working with the entertainment/content industry is essential (i.e. digital distributor, pay-tv, telecommunication, movie studio, video games, music industry, ad sales etc).
- Leadership skills: a leader who understands the value of diverse experiences and backgrounds and has a track record of building inclusive teams. Inspiring, you will lead by example in alignment with our principles of Freedom and Responsibility and Context, not Control, giving individual collaborators the space and support to thrive at Netflix.
- Is expert in Sales and Retail/Trade Marketing preferable in subscription based services and have experience on defining sales journeys (off – online). Experienced in budget ownership.
- Existing network within Telecommunication/Pay TV is a plus.
- Have excellent market knowledge and expertise in the Spanish and Portuguese media landscape.
- Ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects and relationships simultaneously without the support of a large team, working both independently and in close collaboration with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge and interest in both business and creative challenges: the ability to effectively provide input on creative development from a local market perspective.
- An articulate communicator in speech and writing, having English and Spanish as mandatory languages, and a deep understanding of local culture.
PR Specialist – Spain & Portugal – Jobs Netflix
We’re looking for a creative self-starter to work in our PR team in Spain and Portugal. Based in Madrid, you will report to the Communications Manager who leads our communications for Spain.
The PR Specialist will play a key role in executing and managing PR activities and campaigns aimed at reinforcing our brand in Spain and Portugal. The Specialist will focus on collaborating in creating innovative high-impact campaigns, exploring new tactics for promoting our broader narratives, and being able to communicate different facets of the campaigns to executives, producers, and talent (if need be).
In this role of jobs Netflix, this person will collaborate with partners that range from content/programming to marketing to social to product and beyond. This person will pitch media, creative, innovate, and secure press opportunities that will positively impact our brand and support forming and maintaining relationships with press, influencers, and key opinion leaders. This person will also help the Manager, and PR in managing executives for interviews and speaking opportunities, handling potential crises and issues, elaborating communication plans, and more. This person can formulate and manage a budget, and give visibility into their work successfully.
To succeed in this role you will need – Jobs Netflix:
- Experience working in PR, some of which would ideally have been spent in an entertainment/media setting. Corporate and/or policy comms experience is valued.
- Very good written and oral communication skills, including in English.
- Be skilled in cultivating relationships with key journalists (entertainment, business, media, etc.), social media influencers, key opinion formers, third parties, etc.
- Be familiar with and make use of social media channels, especially LinkedIn.
- Have solid organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under deadline and thrive in a very high energy, fast-paced environment.
- Pragmatic, organized, and detailed. Has a big capacity to both think and do. Flourishes in a ‘hands-on’ role, adding value at different levels.
- Be able to identify, develop and help come up with outside-the-box creative ideas.
- Be able to think strategically and make wise decisions, even when faced with ambiguity.
- Be able and willing to think on an international level.
- Have a love of entertainment and storytelling.
- Be curious and eager to learn, have sound judgment, and be unafraid to challenge prevailing assumptions.
- Be nimble and objective in assessing your work, be willing to admit mistakes quickly, and give and receive constructive feedback.