Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We have Google jobs committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and Know your rights: workplace discrimination is illegal. If you have a need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees, or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google jobs, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments, and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Google Jobs: Technical Program Manager III, Global Construction of Infrastructure
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Candidates will typically have 5 years of experience in program management.
- Experience in a data center or PoP environment and with OSP, ISP, AC/DC power systems, environmental controls relay rack/cabinet/cage construction.
Preferred qualifications – Google jobs:
- Master’s degree in a technical field.
- 5 years of experience managing cross-functional or cross-team projects.
- Experience in building construction management and working on evaluating data center infrastructure and designing cages and associated infrastructure.
- Excellent communication skills, and a data-driven analytical approach to solving complex challenges.
About these Google jobs
Google’s projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You’re equally at home explaining your team’s analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
Using your extensive technical and leadership expertise, you manage projects of various size and scope, identifying future opportunities, improving processes and driving the technical directions of your programs.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google’s product portfolio possible. We’re proud to be our engineers’ engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Manage technology programs, defining milestones and success criteria, resource allocation, and successful on-time delivery.
- Utilize technical acumen in working with large, cross-functional teams.
- Develop tools and processes to improve software engineering productivity.
- Communicate schedules, priorities, and status to all levels in the company.
If you want to apply to these Google jobs in Portugal please enter the recruitment page.